Monday, November 9, 2009

Someone Else's Words

Over the past few months I’ve been collecting motivational running quotes I’ve come across, and (aside from the fluke nice weather we’ve had in Boston the past few days) the combination of daylight savings & colder weather makes this just the right time to break out some words of inspiration. Some of my favorites include:
  • “The feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you had gone for a run.” - Unknown
  • “My feeling is that any day I am too busy to run is a day that I am too busy.” - John Bryant
  • “Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” - Lou Holtz
  • “Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” – Steve Prefontaine
  • “You should run the first 3rd of every run with your body, the second 3rd with your mind, and the rest with your heart” - Unknown
  • …and my #1 favorite (and most motivating) running quote: "Ask yourself, ‘when is the last time I went for a run and regretted it?’”

For more running quotes, check out some of these resources:

2 comments:

Amit said...

Sprinting intervals (or fartleks) area very challenging, but you can totally do it.

Good luck :)

Natalie Nathanson said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence!